Preparing Your Property To Sell is As Important as Preparing Your Car To Sell Before Putting It on the Market.
Why this analogy?
It’s simple! Most people have bought and sold a few cars during their lifetime. Each time a new or new-to-you car is wanted, a decision needs to be made as to what to do with your existing vehicle. Will you sell it privately, or will you trade it in against the purchase of your next vehicle at the dealership.
Either way, you want the most money you can get for your old car. So what do you do? First, you clean it out, next you or a professional details the car – wash, wax and shine, vacuum and shampoo the carpets, lustre up the leather, vinyl and tires, polish the chrome, clean the windows and the list goes on.. If you know of any minor repairs needed, chances are you fix them – all to get more money for your old car so you can purchase that new car.
Preparing To Sell Your House Requires the Same Detail
Obviously, you want the most money for your property for the same reason – you are probably applying that money against the purchase of your next home. Or, maybe the money from the sale of your house is your retirement fund. Again, either way, you want the most money you can get for your property. And secondly, you probably want it to sell reasonably fast so you are not left in limbo for your next steps.
So, what do you do?
As a first step, consider finding a real estate agent to help you prepare. Real Estate professionals know what buyers are looking for, they know the market and they know what you are going through in order to prepare your house for sale. That being said, do your homework in choosing the right agent for you. Not all Realtors® are the same.
It is sad to say, but some agents want the listing and nothing more. They list your house, and away they go, never to be heard from again unless there is an offer to present or it is time to get their commission. You definitely do not want this.
What You Do Want In A Real Estate Agent
An agent that will:
- Meet with you in the early stages – before you are ready to list your property.
- Know the market in your area, know what buyers are looking for, and know how to work with you in a manner that eases your concerns and stress levels.
- Help you determine what you can do to increase the value of your home prior to putting it on the market. Often this involves calling upon a Certified Staging Professional® and even a Home Inspector to determine improvements and necessary repairs. Today’s buyers want move-in-ready homes and often will not buy a home without a home inspection report.
- Not offer to do the property review, recommendations, staging and repairs him/herself but instead offer suggestions of who you can call for each task at hand. As the agent has now established a rapport with you, he/she may offer to connect you directly with a Certified Staging Professional® and even a Home Inspector if required. Your agent and the staging professional will be able to advise you on the importance of staging your house prior to listing and the value of staging. Just ask them. It is a fact, staged homes sell faster and for more money.
- Provide marketing expertise to sell your house. Just like a car or any product on the market, a house needs to be merchandised as well. An agent who has been specially trained as a Real Estate Marketing Specialist™ can do just that for you. They have the marketing expertise to ensure your property is shown in the best possible way through online listings with excellent photographs, through on-going marketing initiatives and a thorough understanding of you and your requirements – after all, they have been working with you for sometime now to prepare your house to sell.
- Actively seek out the best possible buyer for your property and show the house when it is at its best and not before.
- Address any concerns you have at any stage during the selling process and work with you to alleviate those concerns.
- Be there after the sale of your house to help you with your next steps and transitions.
You want a Real Estate Marketing Specialist™
Yes, every one knows what a real estate agent, sales representative, sales professional or even what a real estate broker is, but not many have heard of a Real Estate Marketing Specialist™.
The Real Estate Marketing Specialist™ is a real estate agent or broker who has undergone specific training and taken an exam to earn this designation. They have learned how to merchandise your house in the best possibly way. They have been given advanced marketing materials and instruction to ensure your home is advertised and promoted to sell faster and for more money. They have been given a stronger knowledge and understanding of what buyers today are looking for and how to help you prepare your property to meet the needs of these buyers.
If you’re thinking of selling your property, call an agent that is a Real Estate Marketing Specialist™. You will be glad you did. They have a competitive advantage.